Has back pain become a thing of concern in your lifestyle that is hindering you from routine tasks? Unfortunately, simple back pain can convert into chronic problems as well if not taken care of. But if we inform you that there is a cure for this never-ending back pain that too naturally without any medications.
The answer to everything is yoga; doing yoga daily reaps a lot of benefits. Certain yoga poses assist in relieving back discomfort. In the article, we will peek at some of the most useful yoga poses that help relieves back pain.
1. One-legged king pigeon
This pose is popularly called the pigeon pose. It is beneficial for opening the hip flexors and stretching the gluten. This pose also stretches the back and makes it more flexible.
- Take a yoga mat and sit on it on your knees; make sure your back is straight.
- Bring your right knee forward, making it in an arched way.
- Fold your left knee at the back and bring one hand backward and try to touch your toe with your hand.
- Try holding this pose for 15 seconds minimum.
- Do not overstretch; only do as much as your body allows.
2. Extended child’s pose
The extended child’s pose extends the child’s pose and is very beneficial for relieving back pain. It further gives a nice stretch to the spinal column and eliminates excessive belly fat.
- To perform this pose, fold your knees, keep your back straight.
- Inhale and bend your body forward with the knees folded.
- Stretch your arms forward, make sure your knees press your abdomen gently, and your hips touch your ankles.
- Try holding this pose for 15 sec, and then arrive back to your original position and exhale.
3. Cow pose
This is the best pose to attain good balance and improve the overall posture of the body. It also gives relief to back pain by gently making the spinal column more flexible.
- To do this pose, lie down on your knees and uplift your upper body.
- Make sure your shoulders, hands, and wrists are at the same level.
- Sink in your belly so that your back makes a c- shaped position and take a deep breath.
- Repeat this pose 4-5 times.
4. Seated forward bend
This pose brings peace of mind and helps in relieving anxiety and stress. It is also a great pose for curing mild back pain. It helps reduce belly fat too.
- Sit on a yoga mat, and then bring your legs forward.
- Make sure your legs and back are straight.
- Inhale and shove your upper body forward such that you can reach your toes with your hands.
- Try holding this pose for 15 seconds and then exhale.
- Make sure you don’t overstretch and do this pose as much as your body allows.
5. Downward facing dog
This pose gives flexibility to the body and strengthens the legs, and eliminates excess fat from the whole body. In addition, it makes the back more flexible and improves posture.
- Stand straight on a yoga mat; bend your upper body forward such that your knees remain straight.
- Ensure your arms are parallel to your legs, and the knees are straight and head inwards.
- Maintain this stance for some time and arrive back to the primary position.
- Upward facing dog
This pose is very helpful for eliminating belly fat. It strengthens the arms and makes the spinal column flexible. It also gently massages the abdomen and opens the hips flexors.
- Lie down on your abdomen on a yoga mat.
- Keep your hands forward on the side of your head and uplift your upper body with the help of your hands.
- Make sure your arms are straight, and you look towards the ceiling.
- Maintain this posture for a minimum 20 sec, exhale, and return to your initial position.
These yoga poses can be a source of assistance if lower back pain is a problem you. These poses also help in stretching the spine and strengthening the back, making it more flexible.
Another element that can be combined with these poses is to switch to a suitable premium mattress brand to control back pain. Doing these poses along with a mattress for lower back pain will work wonders for your back. So what’s stopping you from doing these things? Get to work.